Welcome to the first I Don’t Care Project!
How it helped:
- It invigorated, energized, and motivated me!
- Taught me that once you get out and start whatever the challenge is, it gets easier. The fear of what others think lessens.
- Taught me that my doubts and fears only get worse when I push them off (was going to do it a day earlier but used the irrelevant excuse of our computer crashing to wait a day).
How it hurt:
- I’m self conscious with my shirt off and I ran down the main street in the center of my town during the morning rush.
- It was 37 degrees the morning of the run! My fingers stung and my lungs burned like crazy after I got back!
- I ran 2 miles when I hadn’t run in 3 months…very sore the day after.
- The thought actually crossed my mind that I might get arrested for indecent exposure (or just for being illogical and stupid) when I passed a police officer.
You can read more about the IDC Project here.