My tooth just broke. You know the saying, “When it rains, it pours?” Well I’m here to say, that’s crap!
I think when it rains, you grow. Therefore, I will grow, which it exciting. Not that my tooth broke, but that I get the chance to grow.
I’ve hit quite a few hurdles in my quest for intentional living and entrepreneurship, and each time a hardship comes, immediate feelings of discouragement come knocking at my door. Everyday I find myself at a crossroad. Honestly, all of us do. We can either open the door to the discouragement that constantly knocks or we can lock the door, pull the shades, and run the other way!
We can face the hardship and use it. We can allow it to catapult us into growth, activity and change.
Hey, the fact is the challenges will come. Who do you know that hasn’t had a challenge or isn’t facing one right now? NO ONE! None of us go through life unchallenged. It is simply how we choose to face the challenge at hand. Whether we focus on the problem or the solution.
You know the person who always seems to be happily floating through life? The one with all the friends and whom everything always seems to fall into place for? It isn’t by accident, you know. We attract certain people and events to us by how we act, think, and what we choose to focus on and therefore say.
If I choose to constantly complain and whine about each day’s, week’s, and year’s challenges, who do you think would want to be around me. Would you?
I have chosen and will continue to choose to focus on what is going right instead of what is going wrong. It has taken practice to change and I will continue to sharpen my skills in this area.
Therefore I will take this opportunity to practice a little more.
- I walked with my son in the morning sunshine.
- I felt loved and supported by my husband.
- I was refreshed by the cool breeze.
- I was able to listen to sections of a podcast and a book.
- I visited with my sister and brother in-law.
- I received a letter of encouragement from a dear friend.
- I went to Lancaster County, PA to do my weekly grocery shopping.
- I got 8 quarts of freshly picked strawberries to make pie!
- I saw the most enchanting green eyes on a little amish girl with soft, red hair and freckles.
- I found encouragement from friends here through the 30 Day Challenge.
- I felt joy and pride fill my heart as I stood in the cooler section of the grocery store watching an elderly lady fuss and coo over Jude and his bright blue eyes.
- I ate a boatload of juicy, ripe, perfectly sweet strawberries.
- And tonight… I will fall asleep safe, warm, and loved in a beautiful house surrounded by my family.
Therefore I am richly and deeply blessed and that is what I choose to focus on.
Question: What challenges are you presently facing? What could you focus on to bring strength and courage to your heart?