Embarking on our entrepreneurial pursuits has actually been incredible for our marriage. Here are six things I have learned about supporting Michael and why it is so important.
1. He needs encouragement from me: Michael, just as any human being that is breathing, needs encouragement from me. Every day, no exceptions!
2. We need to be a united front: No matter what, Michael and I are on the same team. We move together, we make decisions together. Both of us are all in, or we do not move forward!
3. Take interest: I take interest in Michael’s business ventures and hobbies. I ask questions and listen. It makes Michael happy, which makes me happy. When you take an interest in others, good things happen!
4. Let him make mistakes: We all need room to make a mistake. I trust Michael as he does me, so we give each other the freedom to make mistakes. I think this is a wonderful gift from any wife.
5. Communicate with the correct love language: Michael and I speak opposite love languages. When we found this out, it changed everything. Research your spouse’s love language and become fluent in it!
6. Talk positively about your husband to other people: I love talking about Michael, how proud I am of him. I keep the negative to myself. This has built a strong level of trust into our marriage. Try it, it will change your perspective!
Question: Any more tips?